Thursday, January 26, 2012

Go back and help.

Acts 15: 36 Some time later Paul said to Barnabas, “Let us go back and visit the believers in all the towns where we preached the word of the Lord and see how they are doing.”

============

“This party was going to be great” I thought to myself. I had just purchased a new shirt and that coupled with my new cologne was a winning combination to get the ladies to notice me. One of my fathers asked me “what are you doing with your money?”  What a strange question, but I was quick on my feet. “I don’t know” was my retort.

He showed me how to invest and kept following up with me. Wow, what drove this man? I wish I could do something like that!

  • People need me to mentor them even though I may not have much to offer.
  • People need me to reach back and show them the path especially when I fall off it.
  • People need me to develop them and I need people to develop me.

The HOLY SPIRIT told Paul and Barnabas to preach the great news about CHRIST. They were obedient, preached and went on their way.  GOD said, “that’s not enough.”  Go back and check on them and see how they are doing.

  • Mentoring takes time but it’s worth it.
  • Developing others to achieve great things is wonderful especially when coupled to CHRIST.
  • Growing someone to follow the ways of JESUS is the ultimate action I can take.

GOD wants me to seek mentors and be a mentor to someone. With the love I show for others someone will believe in HIS SON.

  • Are you actively seeking a mentor?
  • Do you think you are too old for a mentor?
  • Do you think you do not have anything to offer someone by being a mentor?
  • Are you purposefully seeking ways to grow people in CHRIST?

No comments:

Post a Comment