Friday, January 13, 2012

LORD I’m scared!

Acts 9:  11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

 13 “Lord,” Ananias answered, “I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem. 14 And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name.”

 15 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. 16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”

============

With my mind racing and thinking what could go wrong I entered my boss’s office and asked “why was I chosen to go to the new division I just got on this new project and I want to finish it?” His curt retort was, “my boss’s boss likes you and you are getting a promotion so be happy.”

  • Sometimes the unknown is scary.
  • Sometimes the unknown seems dangerous.
  • Sometimes the unknown looks bleak.

The “unknown” is a place that can be filled with one of two things, fear or faith. If I fill the unknown with fear, doubt and worry then nothing good will happen. I will hide in the shadows, not take the risk or even worse not encourage “that” person whom GOD told me to address.

  • GOD wants me to walk with HIM so I can be fearless.
  • GOD wants me to walk with HIM and accept HIS plan.
  • GOD wants me to walk with HIM to watch HIS might, wisdom and love.

Ananias and I have something in common, we both don’t liked to be stretched by GOD, but when I accept HIS challenge, life becomes adventuresome.

  • Are you afraid of becoming great according to GOD’s plan?
  • What is holding you back?
  • Can you drop your fears and live for CHRIST today?

No comments:

Post a Comment