Monday, January 2, 2012

Speak about JESUS no matter what.

Acts 4: 18 Then they called them in again and commanded them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. 19 But Peter and John replied, “Which is right in God’s eyes: to listen to you, or to him? You be the judges! 20 As for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.”

============

At work a person thought it would be a great idea to send a spiritual voicemail to several people. I got on the list and enjoyed the daily messages of inspiration. When the person left the company there was a void and the request was sent to all of us to step up and become the messenger.

The Holy SPIRIT said to me, “go ahead” but I quickly declined in fear of being labeled as some sort of fanatic. I wanted that promotion and got it! Years later the company cut many positions including mine. I wonder what GOD would have done if I had flowed HIS leading.

  • Telling people about CHRIST takes courage especially when the crowd doesn’t want to hear it.
  • Telling people about CHRIST is inconvenient and makes people question my lifestyle.
  • Telling people about CHRIST may mean persecution and when I try to protect myself I get persecuted anyway.

The quest for fame and fortune seems to exclude CHRIST.  It is more acceptable to quote a scientific journal than GOD’s words.  The world sits back and scoffs at JESUS’ return asking in a sarcastic way, “where is HE” or “why hasn’t HE saved you from your situation?” The answer is clear, speak about GOD anyway.

  • GOD wants me to tell people about HIS Son even if my dreams don’t come true.
  • GOD wants me to exclaim from the mountain that HIS Son saved me even though I am a daily sinner.
  • GOD the FATHER wants me to preach about JESUS because JESUS is GOD the SON.

Wealth and titles created a false world of friends for me BUT GOD has shown me that preaching about HIS SON is the most important thing I could ever do in life. The messages are never popular and most times I don’t want to write them or read them because they force me to change my lifestyle to conform to GOD’s. I am driven to serve HIM no matter what!

  • Are you scared to follow GOD?
  • What barriers do you have in your way when it is time for you to tell people about JESUS?
  • Do you feel the need to tell many people about GOD’s great love or are you busy asking for stuff?
  • Won’t you change your focus and live for CHRIST today?

No comments:

Post a Comment