Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bad Bosses and Bullies

Romans 12: 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:

   “If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
   if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”

 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

============

Over the years I have had some great bosses and some not so great bosses. One in particular was always snooping around my desk when I was out of the office.  I had no idea what he was looking for so I planted some bad ideas and false information. He used this information and got in trouble. It felt good until I was dragged into the mess.

Maybe I should have just communicated with him in the first place.

  • I will continue to run into bosses, peers and employees who don’t have my best interest in mind.
  • I will continue to run into people who will do anything to get their way.
  • I will continue to run into those who will take me down just for the fun of it.

I got tired of being bullied and decided to fight back and during each battle someone lost. Being a fighter is what I had become and that’s not where GOD wanted me to be.

  • “Vengeance is mine” says GOD because HE doesn’t want anyone to harm me or them.
  • “I will repay” say GOD because HE wants to give the oppressor ample opportunity to change their ways.
  • “Feed your enemy” says GOD because HE wants to show HIS mercy to all.
  • “Give your enemy something to drink” says GOD because HIS grace is complete so serve a complete meal, drinks included.

Well, I didn’t read that I should “feel” like doing all of the above, it just says do it.  The more I serve my enemies the better I become at serving from the heart. GOD’s message to me is “put evil in its place by doing what is right.”

  • Is someone bullying you?
  • Do you seek revenge on “that” person?
  • Can you “leave room for GOD’s wrath?”
  • Will you let GOD’s vengeance fall on that person while you show him or her love?
  • Can you find it within yourself to do what is right in GOD’s eyes instead of doing what feels good?

No comments:

Post a Comment