Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Leave them room to grow

Romans 14: 1Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

============

Wow what a great dream I was having. As I slept I noticed music playing and people began talking. When I woke up I finally came to my senses. I was in church and had missed the sermon. Well, glad that’s over, now it’s time to have some fun. I jumped in my parents’ car with anticipation of going home.

  • From the outside other people look like a mess to me.
  • From the outside people aren’t treating GOD like “I” think they should treat HIM.
  • From the outside I see some folk’s effort and think to myself “Come on, you have got to be kidding about your service to the LORD.”

I love the statement GOD said directly to me “Who are you to judge someone else’s servant?” In other words how can I judge the person HE put in place?  GOD is the one people serve, not me. HE is so gracious that HE looks at the slightest bit of service as if it were a royal coronation.

GOD wants sincere service and when I try to make people serve the way I serve, I take their eyes off of HIM and place them on me. I’m not saying I shouldn’t teach people more so I shouldn’t expect people to follow my every move.

  • GOD has enjoys their worship and forgives me for doubting what they do.
  • GOD has accepts them and HE even accepts me.
  • GOD has made them stand and HE even stands me up.

The key to helping others is to seek GOD myself. I don’t have to look over at what others are doing rather I must serve GOD fully as HE has instructed me.

  • Are you judging how someone is or isn’t serving GOD?
  • Do you think you have “more faith” than “that” person?
  • Are you willing to let GOD work HIS plan for “that” person?
  • Can you focus on your own faith to see if it is sincere in GOD’s eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment