Wednesday, April 4, 2012

LORD please open my eyes.

Romans 11: 8 as it is written:

   “God gave them a spirit of stupor,
   eyes that could not see
   and ears that could not hear,
to this very day.”

============

After being someplace that I shouldn’t have been it was time for me to leave. “You shouldn’t have been here” was the thought that crossed my mind but it was too late. I looked around for my car keys and for the life of me, I couldn’t find them.  I looked high and low, still no keys.

Where could those keys be? As I reached to scratch my head I hit myself in the face with “my keys!” I was carrying them with me the entire time!

  • Sin has a way of blinding me to the truths of GOD.
  • Sin has a way of closing my ears to what HE is trying to tell me.
  • Sin has a way of distracting me from seeing GOD and hearing GOD on a daily basis.

The more I do things “my” way the less I see GOD.  In fact I start doubting that GOD is working in other folk’s lives. I point out their hypocrisy not looking at my own. After a while my sin becomes so regular that GOD is only a distant concept. What can help me?

  • Asking GOD to open my eyes helps me see the sin in me and the GOD in others.
  • Asking GOD to open my ears helps me hear HIM tell me to forgive the person I want to persecute.
  • Asking GOD to open my eyes helps me see the person in need I would have normally, selfishly passed up.
  • Asking GOD to open my ears helps hear the cry for compassion from those who don’t look or act like me.

GOD will either soften or harden my heart.  The thing that makes me nervous is the fact that HE could help me walk away from HIM. I thank HIM for opening my eyes and ears.

  • Are your eyes closed to your own sin?
  • Are your ears closed to correction?
  • Do you doubt your usefulness to GOD because of some sin or age or physical condition?
  • Won’t you release your heart to GOD to soften it instead of hardening it?

No comments:

Post a Comment