Friday, April 13, 2012

Respecting Leaders

Romans 13: 1Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

============

Death number two had come within the span of one year and while everyone mourned, I could see people positioning themselves to take on their responsibilities. When the new CEO was announced the ripple effect throughout the company was greatly felt. I got a new boss and I really did not like this guy.

“How can we take this guy down?” wasn’t said but it showed in our actions.

  • When I disrespect leaders I am really trying to escalate my opinion.
  • When I drag my feet trying to create inertia I am actually trying to make the leader fail.
  • When I complain about the leader I complain about GOD’s decision.

Sometimes the leader who was placed above me wasn’t as talented or moral as the last but they were placed over me for a reason.  My responsibility to that leader is to make them look as good as possible while continuing to maintain my integrity.

  • I can still have ambition to become a leader, but until GOD raises me up I should serve with fervor.
  • I can still desire to have a boss who thinks like me, but until GOD delivers that person I should learn to work with a person who has a different opinion.
  • I can still like to have the work done towards my standards, but until GOD changes everyone’s mind I should work with the consensus of the group.

Politics, jobs, school teams and households all have leaders who don’t do their jobs well. GOD has placed people in authority as HE saw fit and these people require my full respect as an act of worship to GOD. HE will hold the person HE puts in place accountable.

  • Are you balking about a new boss or political figure?
  • Can you use the words you think and say about “that” person on yourself?
  • Are your actions honorable towards “that” person?
  • Will you continue to do your best even if “that” person is difficult?

No comments:

Post a Comment