Monday, April 23, 2012

Watered down messages

Romans 15: 20It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that I would not be building on someone else’s foundation.

============

There are some great authors out there who write about their experiences with GOD, some I agree with and some I don’t. I have tried the techniques they prescribe to spread the gospel and failed miserably. What I found is I took their message without full understanding and watered it down.

  • When I view someone else as being responsible for spreading the gospel, I don’t prepare.
  • When I think someone else is better at spreading the gospel than I am, I don’t seek to spread the gospel.
  • When I feel there are some religious practices that I don’t know or understand, I feel inadequate to spread the gospel.

Sometimes I hear preachers tell their congregations, “Just bring people here and I’ll do the rest.” While that takes the ownership from me I think GOD wants something different.

  • GOD wants me to seek people who are open to hear about HIS SON.
  • GOD wants me to be ready, willing and able to tell people about JESUS at the drop of a hat.
  • GOD wants me to believe it’s my responsibility to tell as many people about JESUS as possible.

Paul was tired of fighting “religion” and simply wanted people to believe in JESUS.  What I mean is he wanted people to believe JESUS is GOD along with the FATHER and the HOLY SPIRIT. JESUS volunteered to die for every human’s sin and has been raised from the dead. The great news about this act of love is now I can be with HIM forever. My sins are forgiven.

It is my responsibility to fill the world with GOD’s message, not my pastor or radio personality or television personality. GOD has equipped me with just the right words to reach the people HE delivers to me.

  • Are you anxious to tell people about CHRIST?
  • Do you have ambitions of spreading GOD’s message to those who are lost and confused?
  • Won’t you open yourself up to opening your mouth and telling people about HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment