Monday, May 7, 2012

A slave to work

1 Corinthians 7: 23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings. 24 Brothers and sisters, each person, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation they were in when God called them.

============

After a few months I realized this boss would be difficult to work with.  I usually absorb my bosses language and mannerisms the more I work with them but this time I noticed I couldn’t get to that comfortable state. His style was belligerent and harsh.  While I could stand toe to toe with him, I just didn’t feel like I should treat others that way but I considered it. “Maybe I was too soft”, I thought to myself.

  • It is very tempting to conform to something outside of GOD because of my desire for power.
  • It is very tempting to desire earthly status over GODLY status.
  • It is very tempting to achieve wealth at any costs even if it means letting go of GOD.

Many times I get envious of the rich, powerful and successful. It seems like the people who seem like they could care less about GOD get the most out of life.  They seem to live lavish lives while I struggle to make ends meet. Should I become like them?

  • GOD says to me “Do not become like this world.”
  • GOD says to me “Follow ME and I will protect you.”
  • GOD says to me “Work like you are working for ME and I will protect and provide for you.”

When I go to work and serve people like I’m serving GOD then my envy dissipates. I would be too busy focusing on what GOD wants me to be rather than trying to mimic people I don’t want to become. GOD gets excited when I remain “responsible” to HIM.

  • Are you trying to become something outside of what GOD has made you?
  • Do you feel like you are living two lives?
  • Can you give up more and more of your life to GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment