Friday, May 11, 2012

I am weak when I think I’m strong

1 Corinthians 10: 12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! 13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

============

Hard work and innovation wasn’t enough to be in “the club.” I mean I had delivered some fantastic things for the company; shouldn’t I be promoted based on merit? I was careful with my budget, growing people and deriving new ways to grow but “the club” was elusive.

I went out with “the club” and they started talking about women’s body parts. “Is this my entry into the club? Maybe I should join in!” was the tempting thought that popped into my head.

I was finally in “the club” but at what cost?

  • When I think I got it together is when I am the weakest.
  • When I believe nothing can touch me is when I will be attacked.
  • When I look at my achievements instead of my pitfalls I open myself up to temptation.

There is always a way out of temptation but are my desires blocking the exit door? Temptation doesn’t seem to come straight at me rather it lurks behind some other desire. Temptation also doesn’t seem to attack me when I can truly see I need GOD.

  • GOD will always make a way out of temptation no matter how many times I fall.
  • GOD gets excited when I get back up and follow HIS ways.
  • GOD wants me to understand I need HIM instead of depending on my strength.

Every human has and will be tempted.  JESUS was tempted in more ways than I can even imagine. Being the all-powerful GOD yet remaining subject to human insults showed incredible restraint that only JESUS could perform.  HE did not fall to temptation to flex rather HE went to HIS execution for me. That is real strength.

  • Do you think you have it together?
  • Are you focused on your own accolades?
  • Are you ready for today’s temptations?
  • Will you let GOD be your strength instead of depending on yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment