Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I’ll take it from here


Galatians 3: 3 Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh?

 
============

 
Independence is what I sought for the longest. I wanted to be all “grown-up” without the lessons. With my hand held out I reluctantly asked for money from my parents. I was trying to peel as far away from my parents as I possibly could but alas, I was broke. When they gave me what they could I said, “I’ll take it from here” meaning I won’t need you anymore.

 
  • When times are good I tend to forget GOD.
  • When things are going well for me I tend to leave GOD out the picture.
  • When everything seems to be going right I tend to think I’m the cause of creating a good situation.

 
No matter how many times I got in trouble, GOD bailed me out and then I felt a sense of relief. Unfortunately I got comfortable in that relief and I forgot that GOD was the one who delivered me in the first place. I would bask in the accolades and soon I would start believing the compliments from others.

 

 
“Yeah, I am pretty good” I would think to myself. Soon that thought would turn into “I’m pretty good and you’re not so good.” I wound up in a place where the HOLY SPIRIT did not lead me.

 

 
  • When I stay with the HOLY SPIRIT I remain humble.
  • When I stay with the HOLY SPIRIT I stop trying to do things on my own.
  • When I stay with the HOLY SPIRIT I view “success” as a trait of GOD not my accomplishment to take credit.

 

 
GOD wants me to be totally dependent on HIM. HE doesn’t just want me to come to HIM when I get in trouble and when the situation is resolved, leave HIM by saying “I’ll take it from here.” GOD wants me to walk with HIM through thick and thin. Why? Because HE always walks with me no matter what I am going through.

 

 
  • Have you forgotten where you came from?
  • Do you think your accomplishments come from your abilities?
  • Can you give credit where credit is due?
  • Won’t you turn back to following the HOLY SPIRIT instead of listening to your own ways?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment