Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Keeping in step with the SPIRIT

Galatians 5: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 24 25 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

============

“This party is off the charts!” someone said to me. Yes I said charts. We had the right combination, good music, silly people, drunkenness and lots of women! After a pretty “fun” night, the next morning I slugged to the cafeteria. A person was there trying to persuade me to go to church. “Who are they?” I said to myself.

I believe in JESUS already.  I’m just having “fun.”

  • When I do what I want I get out of step with GOD.
  • When I ignore GOD I lose my direction.
  • When I lose my direction I feel hopeless.

After my “fun” I always seemed to have a sense of loss as if I had an opportunity to please GOD and I let HIM down. Yes I know “once saved always saved” but it seems like there is more to life than just being “forgiven by GOD.”

  • GOD placed HIS SPIRIT in me to bear the fruit of love, joy and peace to show others HE cares.
  • GOD placed HIS SPIRIT in me to bear the fruit of forbearance, kindness and goodness to show others HE desires a relationship with anyone who wants HIM.
  • GOD placed HIS SPIRIT in me to bear the fruit of gentleness and self-control to help others when they are down.

When I am out of step with GOD I don’t feel very fruitful.  I feel like running and hiding, which doesn’t help anyone. GOD wants me to bear fruit.  HE wants me to remain “in step” with the SPIRIT. HE shows me HIS fruitful attributes and desires that I do the same. The more “fruit” I add to my diet the more “fruit” I will bear.


  • Are you bearing fruit?
  • Do you feel your lifestyle is drawing people to CHRIST or repelling them?
  • Can you add one or more items of SPIRITUAL fruit to your actions today?

No comments:

Post a Comment