Thursday, August 9, 2012

GOD said to say “You are wonderful!”

Ephesians 4: 29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

============

Part of me was bored and another part of me was tired of being pushed around so I joined a gym. After a couple of years of lifting weights I was transformed from scrawny to sculpted.  I could now hang with the fellas, talk about women’s body parts and dare people to pick a fight with me. I had finally arrived or did I?

  • My unwholesome talk tears people down for my own gain.
  • My rage and anger repels people from GOD instead of drawing them to HIM.
  • My brawling and slander makes me look to pick fights instead of seeking peace.
  • My malicious behavior causes me to hate the sinner and enjoy my sins.

I actually thought some people were pitiful and it was their fault for being scrawny. I mean look at me… I changed, so can you. Pull yourself up and get going. BUT GOD wanted me to think differently.

  • GOD wants me to encourage people instead of tearing them down.
  • GOD wants me to be compassionate with others instead of writing them off.
  • GOD wants me to forgive people because HE forgave me.

GOD definitely doesn’t want me to become a jerk. It’s through HIS love that HE draws people to HIMSELF.  HE transformed my heart to show compassion and HE enables me to say “You are wonderful” to people who need encouragement.

  • Are you fighting with someone?
  • Do you have a need to win that argument?
  • Are you feeling a little down about yourself?
  • Do you believe you are wonderful because when GOD made you HE declared it?

No comments:

Post a Comment