Monday, August 27, 2012

When anxiety calls

Philippians 4:Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

============

Three O’clock in the morning seemed to be my usual time to wake up with many things on my mind. It seemed like the pressing matters of yesterday would always spill into today, ruining my tomorrow.

I knew I would have only a couple of hours before I needed to get up so maybe if I would just get “this one thing” done I could put my mind to rest. Funny, I seemed to never just do “one” thing. Where is my rest?

  • When I set unattainable expectations I place pressure on myself which leads to anxiety.
  • When I try to please everyone I place pressure on myself which leads to anxiety.
  • When I look at my circumstance as something I have to fix I place pressure on myself which leads to anxiety.

Many sleepless nights I wondered about “what if.” What if I fail, what if they do something to me, what if I’m not good enough were all questions that added turmoil to my countenance. Then when someone tells me that I shouldn’t be anxious, I get more anxious because I’m anxious.  How can I let it go?

  • GOD wants me to rejoice when I am anxious so I can focus on HIS greatness instead of my issues.
  • GOD wants me to pray when I am anxious so I can have a frank conversation with HIM letting HIM know my fears, worries, doubts.
  • GOD wants me to thank HIM for handling the situation even before I see the solution so I can let it go.

Once I let GOD handle people, things and situations I actually don’t have much to worry about. In the middle of the storm HE provides me with peace that doesn’t make since. I mean I should be hysterical and yet I can feel rest. GOD is the keep of my heart.

  • Are you anxious?
  • What are you worried about?
  • Can you let just a little of your worries go?
  • Will you stop trying to control the situation a moment and praise GOD for the things HE has done?

No comments:

Post a Comment