Friday, October 12, 2012

Do what I say not what you see me do

Titus 1: 15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

============

As I sought power I noticed I became very good at pointing out what another department leader was doing wrong and how our group could “fix” it. This skill of being critical enabled me to peer into the eyes of the “opponent”, discover their weakness and rapidly build a plan to counter their next move. My mind was blind.

  • When I practice being disobedient I become very good at it.
  • When I perfect being detestable I lose my direction.
  • When I prepare for acting evil I forget the good I had in mind when I started my plan.

I heard the road to hell is paved with “good intentions” and I know what those philosophers mean. I thought I could do “more” wonderful things for people the higher I climbed. Truth is the way I sought power was through being opposite of GOD’s style.

  • GOD wants my intentions to match my actions.
  • GOD desires that I treat “ALL” humans the same and not “side” with one specific group.
  • GOD loves when I focus on what HE calls pure, not the cause I am hiding behind to pretend I follow GOD.

So many times I want to tell people to straighten up but I would have to put a caveat on the message to not pay attention to what I’m doing. Don’t pay attention to the slander or the lust or the greed I’m displaying just follow my words. GOD isn’t buying that kind of act. HE doesn’t want people who “talk” about generosity or love or compassion, HE wants people who are.

  • Are you talking more than being?
  • What would others who are not in your circle say about you?
  • Can you use your thoughts and statements about those people on yourself?
  • What if GOD used your thoughts and statements as the measure of how HE would judge you?

No comments:

Post a Comment