Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Time to change my diet

Hebrews 5: 13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

============

After a night of laughter I went back to my apartment only to arrive with a tremendous pain in my chest. I had never felt a pain like this. The next day I visited the doctor and he said everything was alright. This incident had solidified my thought of going back to church.

It had been a while since I had sat in church and wouldn’t you know I picked up with the same boring old stories about one or two people who did some miraculous thing. Just when I was about to check out someone asked me if I could teach. Me? Teach? Hey wait a minute… “I don’t know the Bible” I thought.

  • I stayed away from learning GOD’s messages because I wanted to do what I wanted to do.
  • I stayed away from being acquainted with righteous teaching because I wanted to do what I wanted to do.
  • I stayed away from heavier learning about GOD because it seemed like the less I knew the more I could get away with.

It’s amazing how critical I was of pastors and teachers. I would sit and listen and if they miss-stepped then I would check back in and criticize. I would then check out and halfway look at GOD here and there, never pondering HIM or asking about HIM, but when I needed something I was right there on my knees asking HIM for stuff.

  • GOD wants me to attempt to know HIM better each day.
  • GOD wants me to learn of HIM because HIS tie to HIM is easy and HIS burden is light.
  • GOD wants me to be acquainted with HIS teaching about righteousness so I can become mature and be able to distinguish good from evil.

It really shouldn’t take a scary incident to get me back in church, nor should it take some drastic situation to get me to learn about GOD. HE wants me to focus on HIM daily and watch HIS miracles unfold.

  • Are you avoiding GOD?
  • Are you afraid to grow in HIS teaching?
  • Won’t you try to learn more about HIM?
  • Can’t you reach a little further and try learning some of the “harder to understand” things about GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment