Monday, October 22, 2012

Do you like the “Me” team?

Hebrews 3:Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself. For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything.

============

After many hours of work we finally released our new product.  At the convention, people crowded into our booth clamoring to see it. Some of those people came over to me and pat me on the back. “Yeah I did do a good job” I thought to myself. I mean “I” oops we put a lot of hard work into this!

  • When I look for accolades I sometimes point to myself.
  • When I build a group I sometimes want those who follow to follow “me.”
  • When I am part of a group I usually want that group to be the “winning” group so I can be associated with winners no matter how the group is acting.

Team “Me” is a wonderful team that I try to promote as often as I can.  Either I’m voicing my stance on something to be associated with a group or I’m just dropping subtle hints to make sure people know I’m pretty great. Don’t get me wrong, I treat my people well as long as they like “me.” I wonder if I should be pointing to team “Me.”

  • GOD says everything I own is HIS.
  • GOD says every group given to me was given by HIM.
  • GOD says every leader put in place was placed there by HIM for HIS purposes.

I am not greater than GOD so I need to point all of my accomplishments to HIM.  Every team he has me lead I need to point to HIM and not team “Me.” Every group I am associated with I need to point to GOD and not in a false, selfish way.

GOD needs to receive the accolades for everything accomplished. If HIS SON is falsely followed then HE will know and not respond. I need to point my team to GOD for HE is the builder of everything.

  • Are you pointing at yourself?
  • Are you trying to push a human into the spotlight without pushing GOD into the spotlight?
  • Are you mentioning the sins of others without examining your own sins?
  • Can you mention the name “JESUS” with the way you are acting towards “that” person?

No comments:

Post a Comment