Thursday, October 11, 2012

Say the “hard to say” stuff too


2 Timothy 4:1In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.
For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
============
As I listened to the final message in our four week class I felt ready to change the world!  Now that I know exactly which scripture to use, surely people would hear the message and automatically believe in CHRIST.  I approached a person with Bible in hand and he said “Get away from me with that (expletive delete).”
I then changed my approach to that of a judge. Maybe if I told them what was wrong with them then they would see the err of their ways. I judged everyone and well, you know how that ended. I know, maybe I should teach what they wanted to hear. This would get “more people!”
  • When I want to sin, I don’t want to hear a message about GOD because I “want” to sin.
  • When I want to stay away from GOD, I harden my heart to any message that could tell me to act differently.
  • When I want to be accepted by the world, I look for as many people to support my lifestyle so I can stay in my lifestyle and not change.
Living for CHRIST is not easy I must admit.  I mean it’s becoming more and more accepted to openly sin and hide behind the “Christian” label. Sloshing in sensuality or stepping up to power or slandering a political candidate have become widely accepted in churches around the nation. What message should I be preaching?
  • I should always be prepared to speak about JESUS who died “because” of me and now lives.
  • I should lovingly correct a CHRIST follower when there is an err in doctrinal soundness.
  • I should patiently rebuke those who preach “against” CHRIST, not to win an argument but in hopes they might believe and be rescued.
  • I should look for opportunities to encourage as many people as possible because that is what people are looking for.
The Bible is full of loving promises and encouragement, but it also has GOD’s wrath and judgment. I can’t just tickle ears to get big numbers. HIS message penetrates deep and cuts me too! 
  • Are you scared of telling people about GOD?
  • Are you so politically blind that you cannot see your own sin or your candidates’ sin?
  • Have you lost your “fear of GOD” because you are with a community who teaches what you want to hear?
  • Isn’t it time you moved out of your comfort zone to live for GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment