Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Who can help?

Hebrews 4: 14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.

16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

============

As I sat in the auditorium I watched thousands of people walk in. All the pomp and glamour could not excite me because I didn’t know anyone. I was lonely and no one understood the glum look on my face. As I slugged back to my room I heard my name called. “We have been looking for you” one person said. 

“I know this is your first convention and I know how you feel because I felt the same way at my first.” Finally, someone who understood what I was going through!

  • When I am tempted to sin I have JESUS who is my empathizer.
  • When I am feeling low I have JESUS who is my empathizer.
  • When I thoroughly mess up and cause my world to crash, I have JESUS who is my empathizer.

Sometimes I think GOD is there standing over me lording HIS un-follow-able rules. I mean everyone sins so why don’t I just give up and do what I want to do? GOD sees my weaknesses and flaws and determines I am clean.

  • My faith should not be in humans rather it should be placed in JESUS who is GOD the SON.
  • My faith should not be placed on causes rather it should be placed in JESUS who is GOD the SON.
  • My faith should not be in my ability to avoid temptation or sin rather it should be placed in JESUS who is GOD the SON.

I can approach the throne with faith that GOD will accept me and my sins just as I am. HE empathizes with my issues and wants me to do the same to others. Instead of eradicating sin, HE wants me to show love so that HIS sufficient grace can cover their sins.

  • Are you hiding your sin or is your heart hard that you believe you are not sinning?
  • Are you tired of GOD and HIS rules?
  • Can you look at JESUS who is GOD the SON as your empathizer?
  • Won’t you forgive yourself as well as others in order to have grace and mercy shown to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment