Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Curiously walk right through the door



Revelation 3: 8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.

============

Trembling, I sat in the waiting area ready to meet the group of executives and reviewing my background in my mind. When they brought me in I felt at ease and we had a good conversation until they asked me “that” question. “How do you feel about downsizing half the staff here?” “Rotten” was the answer. Immediately I saw the door shut and that opportunity went away.

  • Sometimes I build up expectations in my mind and I get slammed down to earth with reality.
  • Sometimes I want something so bad only to find I can’t have it and I get disappointed.
  • Sometimes I try for the prize only to realize my efforts weren't good enough.


Disappointment places a fork in the road for me. Either I am going to become “discouraged” which will lead to me not listening to GOD or I will choose to be “curious” which leads to life. Of course GOD wants me to choose the latter of the two.

  • When I am curious about GOD I seek what HE is all about.
  • When I am curious about GOD I look for HIS desires.
  • When I am curious about GOD I search for HIS people, HIS ways, HIS situations no matter how much strength I have.


JESUS said “I am the door.” HE also said “What I open no one can shut and what I shut no one can open.” HE has opened the door for me so many times and all I had to do was walk through it. HE shuts the door on my evil desires and opens the door to a path that leads to life.

GOD knows me. HE knows what little strength I have and HE is pleased with my pitiful efforts to serve HIM. HE places the door in front of me and HE wants me to be curious enough to walk through it. My curiosity of HIM grows my faith.

  • Have you already made up your mind that GOD can’t use you?
  • Is your heart so filled with stone that you cannot follow HIM anymore?
  • Are you still curious about HIS ways or do you think you know it all?
  • Won’t you seek HIS new adventure or are you convinced you are at the end of the road?


No comments:

Post a Comment