Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What have you done for ME lately?



Revelation 3:Wake up! Strengthen what little remains, for even what is left is almost dead. I find that your actions do not meet the requirements of my God. Go back to what you heard and believed at first; hold to it firmly. Repent and turn to me again. If you don’t wake up, I will come to you suddenly, as unexpected as a thief.

============

Remember when we used to lift some heavy weights we asked each other.  One friend responded “Yeah, I used to be a monster.”  I responded, “Yeah, but do you have any rehab exercises now, my shoulder hurts!” It seemed like our glory days are way in the past. I wonder if I feel like my best “service to the LORD” days are behind me too.

  • Sometimes I look back on the things GOD had me do and I think I’m still doing them.
  • Sometimes I try to remember how the SPIRIT moved me instead of letting the SPIRIT move me.
  • Sometimes I reminisce on my glory days of serving the LORD and think HE can no longer use me.


“I remember when” are the words that came to mind when it came to looking at my service to the LORD.  I don’t mean “when is the last time I went to church” I mean when is the last time I had fire in me that just jumped out of me? When is the last time I couldn't hold my tongue and I could not help doing something bold for CHRIST?

Sadly my service had boiled down to mere rhetoric. What should I do?

  • JESUS says “Wake up!” Stop looking at others and start looking inside.
  • JESUS says “Strengthen what little remains” by loving others and serving boldly without feeling defeated!
  • JESUS says “Go back to what you heard and believed at first; hold to it firmly” revisiting when I first began my walk with HIM and stop doubting HIS love!
  • JESUS says “Repent and turn to ME again” and stop looking at the news and current circumstances and watch MY power!


In my mind I had become a superhero because of the things I had done in the past. This gave me license to judge others, BUT GOD asks me a difficult question; “Do you still love ME?” “Yes” I said sheepishly. “Then feed my lambs” HE says to me calmly wanting me to focus on HIM and not anything else.

  • Are you feeling like you are barely holding on to the LORD?
  • Do you feel like giving up?
  • Are you living your life contrary to how GOD wants you to live?
  • Can you turn to HIM today and recognize HE will always love you even until the end of this age?


No comments:

Post a Comment