Tuesday, January 29, 2013

How much longer?



Revelation 5: 9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?”

11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been.

============

We traveled by car to go on “vacation” and the scenery was not appealing and it wasn’t really a vacation. We were headed to some relative and it was going to take a million hours to get there! “How much longer” I would ask only to be met with “relax, we’ll get there.”

This impatience spread to other parts of my life. When will I graduate? When will I get promoted? When will I get married? When Will I get a new job? When will this problem ever end? LORD, how much longer was my question.

  • When I’m in pain I cannot see the destination, only my present location.
  • When I’m challenged I’m blinded to my journey because it felt like I was standing still.
  • When I’m feeling lost I think everything around me is lost as well because I can’t see the big picture.


One false expectation I have is I can make a sliver of heaven here on this cursed planet.  If I could just get the right amount of cash and if people would just act right and if my stuff would just last and if my health would just be good enough then I will believe GOD has HIS hand in it.

GOD says different.

  • GOD says to me “no matter how difficult the road, stay on the path.”
  • GOD says to me “ you've come this far by faith, no turning back.”
  • GOD says to me “I have a white robe for you, which means your sins are forgiven.”


When life is filled with desperation GOD is calm and still because HE knows HIS great plan for me cannot be disturbed. In this dystopian society GOD is my focus.

  • Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired?
  • Are you ready for “this” to be finished?
  • Can you focus on GOD who holds the beginning and end of your situation?
  • In the middle of your situation can you reach out to GOD to gain strength to help others?

No comments:

Post a Comment