Friday, January 18, 2013

I want a new name



Revelation 2: 17 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it.

============

Hey “goggles” someone called me.  Hi “professor” others quipped. I’ve also been called some named that I won’t repeat but I know this was their attempt to label me with a derogatory name. Soon I found myself giving people nicknames.  I wonder if they were positive.

  • GOD has a new name for me that is special.
  • GOD has a new name for me that is only between me and HIM.
  • GOD has a new name for me that defines my new purpose and being.


My parents chose a name that was pleasing to them. I like it but my name doesn’t define my life’s purpose of serving others. My name doesn’t describe how I’m supposed to relate to others or what relationship with GOD I’m supposed to hold.

GOD will put my new name in white stone to make it crystal clear to everyone who sees it. Only HIM and I will understand it’s true meaning because it’s a special gift to me. No one will be envious of my name because they will have their own name on their own stone.

  • What is your name?
  • Is your name negative right now?
  • Can you make a new name for yourself by following GOD?
  • Won’t you change your name today by modifying your actions, thoughts and worship? 

No comments:

Post a Comment