Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I’m on my way!

1 John 3:1 See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.

============

Finally the program I had written was working flawlessly. I felt quite proud of myself for accomplishing such a task. In fact I thought I needed a promotion. “Who else could do work so masterfully?” I thought to myself. Well, maybe not that pompous, but I still thought “I” was pretty good.

My boss’s boss said I wasn’t ready but he would send me to training. I met some very experienced people in the class and I realized, I needed more time to grow.

  • There are times that I think “I have arrived.”
  • There are times that I think “I deserve whatever I seek to accomplish.”
  • There are times that I think “I’m pretty good, why don’t others see my talents?”

Whenever I think more highly of myself than I should, I fall on my face. My confidence quickly turns into arrogance and I acquire a “deserving” attitude that is quite unbecoming. When GOD watches me pout at not getting my way, HE patiently waits on me.

  • GOD has lavished great love on me.
  • GOD has made me HIS child and is willing to take care of me.
  • GOD has built a place for me and is purifying me day by day.

I am on a journey. My destination is to be like the one who created me. GOD knows I have not arrived. HE knows I will continue to sin and be selfish until HIS SON arrives. HE allows obstacles in my life to strengthen me for HIS purpose. Day by day HE corrects my mistakes and lavishes me with HIS love. I have not arrived but I’m on my way!

  • Are you hard on yourself?
  • Do you think you have failed?
  • Can you realize GOD made you special?
  • Do you believe you are the only one who can do what GOD made your for?
  • Won’t you accept GOD’s tremendous love for you and ask HIM to open your eyes to your purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment