Thursday, January 3, 2013

It’s as simple as one two

1 John 3: 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God
22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

============

“Could you be in this city at this time?” was the question by my company. “Can you serve?” was another question by another group. Another group asked “Can you give a little more?” Then temptations came rushing at me from all sides. I was trying to read the Bible but it seemed like there were too many rules.

This “Christian” life is too difficult! I mean I just want to “be me” but everyone else keeps taking a piece of me!

  • Sometimes I mistake serving for following GOD.
  • Sometimes I mistakenly think I can actually act righteous so if I avoid temptations I’m following GOD better.
  • Sometimes I mistake activity and giving as the only way to serve GOD even if I am thoroughly reluctant to do HIS work.

There are times where I try to manipulate GOD to get my way.  I mean my service is a feeble attempt to erase some sin and maybe, just maybe GOD will see what I’m doing and not whack me over the head. Every time I serve with reluctance I burn out quickly and cause more damage than good. How in the world can I please GOD with all those rules!?

  • GOD said “MY yoke is easy and MY burden is light.”
  • GOD said “It is finished” meaning “I have taken care of EVERYTHING.”
  • GOD said “Believe in the ONE who rescued you by dying in your place, that HE is GOD and loves you.”
  • GOD said “Love one another.”

In other words step 1: Believe and love GOD the FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT and step 2: Love one another. That’s it. But that sounds too simple, there has to be more. I mean pastors, preachers and priests keep telling me to do more. Well, there is always a need but GOD says “Relax, “be you” for a moment and MY love will pour out of you to many.”

  • Are you trying too hard to please GOD?
  • Are you trying to manipulate HIM to get your way?
  • Won’t you simplify your life by serving others the way HE wants you to?
  • Can you stop feeling burnt out and love the people GOD has delivered to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment