Monday, January 28, 2013

Purpose



Revelation 5:And I saw a strong angel, who shouted with a loud voice: “Who is worthy to break the seals on this scroll and open it?” But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll and read it.

Then I began to weep bitterly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll and read it. But one of the twenty-four elders said to me, “Stop weeping! Look, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the heir to David’s throne, has won the victory. He is worthy to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

============

Scrawny, scraggly, and scared described me well. It seemed like everyone else “fit” and I didn't.  I mean my quirkiness and rough appearance did not draw a crowd.  I wondered “what good was I.” Do I even have a purpose? JESUS had a purpose.

  • I’m not sure of the timing but I wonder if the scrolls were made when Satan wanted to be GOD.
  • I’m not sure of the decree BUT GOD must have said only a sinless person can open the scroll.
  • I’m not sure what was at stake BUT GOD placed HIS trust in HIS SON.


The scrolls written here are the judgments GOD has on the Earth and Satan. Only a sinless human could open the scrolls. JESUS volunteered to become that sinless human. I have no idea what HE gave up but HE sacrificed HIMSELF for me.

Satan thought he could prevent the scrolls from being opened so he tempted the first humans and ruined all of humanity. BUT JESUS was different. HE was born as a human through the SPIRIT and has no sin in HIM. HE is the only one worthy to open the scroll.

Now what does this have to do with me?  HIS salvation has given me purpose. Just as JESUS entire life had purpose to save humanity, HE has given me purpose to reach at least one person with my life if not more.  HE wants me to tell people they don’t have to work hard for their salvation because JESUS already took care of that.

Place your trust in HIM and that’s all you need!

  • Are you wandering through life without a purpose?
  • Do you believe GOD made you special with tasks that can only be completed by you?
  • Can you follow JESUS’ lead and live your life with purpose?
  • Do you understand GOD wants you to rest and let HIM take care of things?

No comments:

Post a Comment