Genesis 6: 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.
Loud music woke me up. It was about 11:30 PM and I had to be up at 5:00 AM for my long commute to work. I went out to ask the neighbor if he could keep the music down to a roar. He was with one of his “acquaintances” who started reaching in his jacket in a motion that looked like he was reaching for a gun.
He stopped his acquaintance from doing whatever he was going to do. The LORD had intervened. “Maybe I should thank GOD more often”, I thought to myself.
- In the middle of my sins GOD saw something different in me.
- In the middle of my sins GOD rescued me not because of what I did, but because of HIS love.
- In the middle of my sins GOD saw fit to protect me.
There is no righteousness in me, nor can I do anything to persuade GOD to like me more after my sin. If that were the case then I could sin as much as I wanted to as long as I confessed them or did something nice to counterbalance the sinful action.
GOD sees my sin and loves me anyway. HE only wants my belief in HIS SON as the savior of all of mankind. HE is not looking for my perfection rather HE wants me to look at HIS. Since I am not perfect, HE wants me to tell people about HIS gift.
GOD regretted he made humans and I only hope HE can accept my sparse attempts of worship as pleasing to HIM.
- Has GOD rescued you from something?
- Have you ever faced danger and GOD brought you through it?
- Do you think GOD has a purpose for you?
- Can you live out GOD’s purpose realizing you will never eradicate sin but your love for HIM can increase?