Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Take GOD’s advice



Genesis 4:Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.”

============

“One day I will knock that guy out” I thought to myself.  After a lot of weightlifting I did get big enough to fight the guy, but it took time to transform my scrawny into brawny. I had actually matured enough to realize fighting doesn’t solve everything.  But I still wanted to hit him!

  • There are some things people do that make me angry.
  • There are some actions people take that make me livid.
  • There are some ways people go that drive me to rage.


Anger is a very dangerous beast.  It sets a fire in my soul that ignites a battle between me and that person. But little do I know that while I’m fighting that person, I may also be fighting GOD.

  • GOD says “rule over” my anger because sin is not far behind it.
  • GOD says “Do what is right” because HE knows how to reward me.
  • GOD says “you will be accepted” to me if I focus on HIM.


Sin is always waiting to jump on me.  It hides behind arguments, jealousy, lust, envy, insecurity, doubt and fear.  GOD wants me to control my actions and focus on “what is right” to follow HIM to a better place.

  • Are you angry at someone?
  • Is rage building up in your soul?
  • Can you take control of your anger and focus on what GOD wants you to do?
  • Won’t you give that person the gift of mercy and grace?

No comments:

Post a Comment