Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The blame game



Genesis 3:But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”
10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”
11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”
12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”
13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”
The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

============

Laughter filled the room as we tossed the couch pillows around. I had no idea how we started but this was fun until we heard the dreadful sound. “Crash” resounded and our laughter turned into fear.  We had broken a vase in the living room.  

Why did my parents have this vase here anyway? I mean it didn’t have flowers or anything in it. We got the only tape we could find, electrical tape. We taped the large pieces together in hopes of not being caught. “Who broke this vase?” they exclaimed. “I don’t know” was our answer.

  • When I don’t accept responsibility for my actions I blame other people, attempting to avoid consequences.
  • When I don’t accept responsibility for my actions I blame the one who is in authority because their rules are the problem.
  • When I don’t accept responsibility for my actions I blame my situation because without it I would obviously be in better shape.


It’s amazing how fast I blame everything else but me when I sin.  It was my parents or my lack of wealth or the professor or the school or that mean person that caused my downfall. GOD wants me to see the situation differently.

  • GOD wants me to own up to my sins because this way I can be cleansed.
  • GOD wants me to admit my life is headed in the wrong direction unless I believe in HIS SON.
  • GOD wants me to confess my wrongs to HIM.


When I blame everyone including GOD, I miss out on the opportunity to grow.  Yes I may avoid a little consequence but failure is my prize when I go down that path. GOD wants me to own up to my sin and this way I can be healed.

  • Are you blaming someone else for your circumstances?
  • Do you believe your life would be different if it weren’t for “this” person?
  • Can’t you open your eyes to see what you’ve contributed to the situation?
  • Can you be bigger than “that” person and forgive them?

No comments:

Post a Comment