Genesis 28: 15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”
“Unload that truck” was the task, throwing wads of paper at each other was what we did. “Count survey responses” was my job, sleeping was my gift I gave to the company. “Be here on time” was the expectation, but I was extremely tired from staying out the night before. They should understand this one time.
- I have broken my promise many times.
- I have not followed through with what I was supposed to many times.
- I have fallen short of what I was supposed to accomplish many times.
When I look back at the promises of “praying” for people or “calling” people or “doing the job” I was supposed to do, I realized I failed miserably. I leave a wake of disappointed people because of my broken promises. Is there anyone who doesn’t break promises?
- GOD said “I am with you” which means HE won’t leave when I mess up.
- GOD said “I will bring you back” no matter how far I have gone HE will be there to guide me.
- GOD says “I will not leave you” which means HE will not leave me!
There are times when I think GOD doesn’t hear me or has just left me alone but that’s because I’m looking at HIM through unfaithful eyes. When GOD says “I will not leave you” HE didn’t say it with a conditional clause.
HE knows my every thought, my every move. HE saw the good with the bad and still loves me with only the love GOD can give. GOD never breaks HIS promises.
- Are you feeling alone even though there are people around you?
- Do you feel a bit lost right now?
- Can you know that GOD is with you?
- Won’t you stop looking at the circumstance and start paying attention to what GOD is saying to you?