Monday, March 4, 2013

GOD is no longer mad at me.



Genesis 8: 21 The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.
22 “As long as the earth endures,
seedtime and harvest,
cold and heat,
summer and winter,
day and night
will never cease.”

============

Plastering was something I had never done before but this particular summer, it was my job.  I had to carry heavy bags of tools or plaster mix or boulders, well it seemed like boulders. I was constantly doing things wrong that the owner would have to correct me. I think I broke stuff and had to take numerous breaks because I got a splinter on my elbow or somewhere!

After my first day I didn’t want to come back but I said “thank you” and the owner seemed delighted. “See you tomorrow” he said. You mean he wants me to come back? I’m pitiful.

  • Sometimes I think I have messed up royally with GOD.
  • Sometimes I think my clumsiness in life translates to GOD being disgusted with me.
  • Sometimes I think GOD is mad at me and that’s why I’m not getting my way.


GOD sees my pitiful attempts to serve HIM and others and is delighted by what HE sees.  I’m not speaking about the times that I try too hard or when I’m feeling ultra-religious and judging others. GOD sees when I have very little to offer and I give that up for HIM.

  • GOD knows my heart is evil yet loves when I try to serve HIM.
  • GOD knows every inclination I have is against HIM yet HE loved me enough to die for me.
  • GOD knows I was born and raised in sin yet HE has a plan that’s great for me.


HE provides food, great weather and enables me to sleep and wake to a new day. HIS love for me will never cease and it’s a great feeling of relief.

  • Do you think GOD is mad at you?
  • Are you feeling like you have not reached your potential?
  • Can you recognize GOD is faithful to you?
  • Won’t you realize HE does not go back on HIS great plan HE has for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment