Monday, March 11, 2013

Some money isn’t worth it.



Genesis 14: 21 The king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the people and keep the goods for yourself.”
22 But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “With raised hand I have sworn an oath to the Lord, God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth, 23 that I will accept nothing belonging to you, not even a thread or the strap of a sandal, so that you will never be able to say, ‘I made Abram rich.’

============

Day twenty one out of thirty of being on the road and I finally made it home. The company would take any account and since I was trained they would send me anywhere. Promotion possibilities were only whispered to me but nothing solid was spoken.

At that time we had just had our first child and I was stuck with a dilemma, keep traveling or get a new job paying less money and be home each night. “I am making a lot of money” I thought to myself.

  • My love of money can sometimes cloud my judgment.
  • My love of money can sometimes make me do things that GOD may not want me to do.
  • My love of money can sometimes cause my worries to mount and I feel enslaved to those who may not have integrity.


Abram chose between getting richer and integrity and chose integrity. Of course when integrity is chosen, no one puts your name in the newspaper or gives you any awards.

  • GOD owns everything and it is up to HIM to take away from me or to give to me.
  • GOD is not excited about my worldly wealth but is excited when I follow HIS ways.
  • GOD loves when I look to HIM for wealth and not be so desperate that I would do “anything” for a little money.


Integrity doesn’t mean I will be poor, it just means I won’t let greed get in the way of my relationship with CHRIST. Where the money comes from and how I make the money is just as important as getting the money.

  • Are you miserable because of lack of money?
  • Do you think having new stuff will make you happy?
  • Can you look at yourself to see if money is making you miserable?
  • Will you look at GOD and trust HIS reason for having you right where you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment