Monday, May 27, 2013

Complaining about GOD isn’t smart


Complaining about GOD isn’t smart
Exodus 16: 26 Six days you are to gather it, but on the seventh day, the Sabbath, there will not be any.”

27 Nevertheless, some of the people went out on the seventh day to gather it, but they found none. 28 Then the Lord said to Moses, “How long will you refuse to keep my commands and my instructions? 

============

Alarms, whistles and bells don’t sound when I want to sin.  There is a small still voice that says to me, “you shouldn’t do this” but I quickly ignore it and proceed anyway. Am I trying to prove GOD wrong or do I just want my way?

  • GOD says to me, ”I have heard your complaints.”
  • GOD says to me “How long will you refuse to keep my commands?”
  • GOD says to me “How long will you refuse to keep my instructions?”


Honestly, this is the side of GOD I get a little nervous about. HE does have love that spans all of my sins but it doesn’t give me license to blatantly sin.  GOD heard HIS people complain in the desert and HE didn’t like it at all. Since HE doesn’t change I believe HE still doesn’t like complaints, especially about someone HE has a plan for.

I believe the more I complain the more GOD stores up against me.  HE knows I am coming from a very selfish place and HE isn’t pleased when I look at someone else as being the problem.

  • GOD wants me to see HIS creations as being perfect.
  • GOD wants me to accept HIS plan and not wander away from it.
  • GOD wants me to accept HIS timing because HE know how to instill patience while providing.


Waiting on the LORD has not been one of my strengths so I complain. GOD wants me to turn my complaints into praise. This changes my perspective and puts me back on course!

  • Are you complaining?
  • Do you think your complaints are pleasing to GOD?
  • Can you stop complaining and start serving?

No comments:

Post a Comment