Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Does GOD help me fail?

Exodus 7: Then the Lord said to Moses, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet. You are to say everything I command you, and your brother Aaron is to tell Pharaoh to let the Israelites go out of his country. 


But I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and though I multiply my signs and wonders in Egypt, he will not listen to you. Then I will lay my hand on Egypt and with mighty acts of judgment I will bring out my divisions, my people the Israelites.

============

Empathetic was the way I acted when I first started working but as I rose through the ranks I became cynical.  “There they go doing something stupid” I would think to myself.  “If climb high enough I will fire all of these people.” My heart had become hard and I could cut a group as easily as signing a document.

  • My blind goals can make my heart hard.
  • My deaf aspirations can make my heart hard.
  • My mute ambitions can make my heart hard.


Sometimes I forget that I’m put on this earth for humans, not for myself.  I fall into the “I want” trap and my blinders go up hardening my heart. The scary thing about having a hard heart is GOD may help solidify it so I can never return. HE did it to Pharaoh can HE do it to me?

  • I better be careful not to think too highly of myself otherwise GOD may help me fail.
  • I better be careful not to assume my salvation gives me carte-blanche to sin otherwise I may be a blind person destined to Hell assuming I was saved.
  • I better be careful how I treat GOD’s people otherwise HE will treat me the same way if not worse.


Yes I know I am a sinner as is every human, but I cannot take my salvation lightly. I need to honor GOD with everything I do recognizing the need for HIM and running away from pouting when things don’t go my way. I also recognize there is a possibility of running away from GOD and HIM packing my bags to help me.

GOD wants me to be with HIM and HIS unconditional love reaches out to me to forgive me for all my sins.

  • Are you fighting GOD with your lifestyle?
  • Is your heart getting hard over “those” people?
  • Can you recognize if your heart is getting hard and ask GOD to soften it even though you may lose the thing that caused your heart to be hard in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment