Monday, May 13, 2013

I will be your GOD

Exodus 6:“Therefore, say to the Israelites: ‘I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment.


I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the Lord.’”

============

When GOD says “I will” it doesn’t mean it may happen or it possibly could happen, it means it will happen. But there are times when I doubt HIS promise to me. During these times I get nervous or make excuses to GOD just like Moses did when he kept telling GOD he wasn’t eloquent enough to convince Pharaoh to release the Israelite slaves.

I look at my abilities and power and can’t imagine doing something grandiose BUT GOD says different.


  • GOD says “I will bring you” meaning I am not the one who has to provide the way.
  • GOD says “I will free you” meaning anything that holds me in bondage will be broken.
  • GOD says “I will redeem you with outstretched an arm and my might acts of judgment” meaning HE welcomes me, though sinful, and HE fights my battles.
  • GOD says “I will take you as MY people” meaning I am part of HIS family and no longer HIS enemy.
  • GOD says “I will be you GOD” meaning there is no person, place or thing greater than HIM.


GOD says “HE loves me” and “has a plan for me” and “will never leave me.” HIS might is far too great for HIM to go back on HIS word. HE says “I am the LORD.”


  • Are you scared to cross over into greatness?
  • Do you think GOD has something huge for you to do?
  • Won’t you let GOD decide how to grow you and stretch you?
  • Can’t you believe there is nothing too great for GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment