Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The LORD guides me

Exodus 13: 21 By day the Lord went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night. 22 Neither the pillar of cloud by day nor the pillar of fire by night left its place in front of the people.


============

Rushing water sound was getting closer and closer as we hiked deeper into the woods. It was getting very hilly and the canopy of the trees was thick so even during the day it was dim. Something within me said “watch your step.” As I cautiously moved forward the next step was off a blind small cliff high above rocky rushing water.

  • When I stop listening to GOD HE allows me to fall into danger.
  • When I fight to get my way I am blind to the pitfalls ahead.
  • When I keep going on my path instead of following GOD I end up broken and beat up!


I have said this many times “GOD speaks to every person every day but many times I choose not to listen.” In fact, after ignoring HIM for long enough it seems like I can’t hear HIM at all.  When I can’t hear HIM it seems like my eyes grow dim and I can’t see the people HE wants me to serve. Then I find myself “lost.”

  • GOD wants me to spend time with HIM daily so HE can guide me to a better place.
  • GOD wants me to understand HIS ways so I can follow them daily.
  • GOD wants me to open my eyes to see people in need to serve them.


In spite of my sinful nature, GOD guides me anyway.  Day and night HE leads me to HIS kingdom. I may run away but HE gently brings me back to HIS path.

  • Are you letting GOD lead you or are you planning by yourself?
  • Can GOD say “no” to your plan or are you stubborn?
  • Won’t you ask GOD “where do YOU want me to go?”
  • If you are in deep trouble, can’t you cry out to HIM to lead you besides still waters?

No comments:

Post a Comment