36 The people of Israel continued their travels. When the cloud lifted from above the holy tent, they started out. 37 But if the cloud didn’t lift, they did not start out. They stayed until the day it lifted.
38 So the cloud of the Lord was above the holy tent during the day. Fire was in the cloud at night. The whole community of Israel could see the cloud during all of their travels.
Nervous and distracted by my plans, I couldn’t wait for my parents to leave. I would then hop on a series of busses to meet a girl downtown. We spent the entire day there and had fun. Little did I know, I had to return home. Upon my arrival my parents lit into me.
No wonder I was nervous. I actually knew better but wanted to do what I wanted to do.
- Sometimes I ignore the warning and do what I’m going to do anyway.
- Sometimes I ignore the obstacles to sin and do what I’m going to do anyway.
- Sometimes I ignore the lessons and do what I’m going to do anyway.
The Israelites saw the Glory of the LORD every day and decided to sin anyway. I sometimes thought that maybe GOD should say something audible or rip open the clouds every now and then so that all would believe and everything would be alright. BUT GOD says “that’s not faith.”
- GOD says faith comes from “believing” not seeing.
- GOD says faith comes from “being” not fleeing.
- GOD says faith comes from “asking and admitting” not telling HIM what to do or ignoring HIM.
GOD placed HIS laws in “every” heart. The ability to discern right from wrong is in me and it is my choice to follow GOD or my own plans. Even seeing HIM probably will not change my mind. That’s why HE sent the HOLY SPIRIT and placed HIM inside me to guide me and comfort me and pray for me. This HE does for all who believes.
- Do you doubt GOD?
- Do you desire to see HIM perform a miracle in front of you as a parlor trick because at the root you doubt HIM?
- Can you observe HIS miracles HE does on a daily basis?
- Won’t you take HIS yoke upon you and learn of HIM today?