Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Is GOD watching?

Exodus 32:The Lord spoke to Moses. He said, “Go down. Your people you brought up out of Egypt have become very sinful.They have quickly turned away from what I commanded them. They have made themselves a statue of a god that looks like a calf. They have bowed down and sacrificed to it. And they have said, ‘Israel, here is your god who brought you up out of Egypt.’

“I have seen those people,” the Lord said to Moses. “They are stubborn. 10 Now leave me alone. My anger will burn against them. I will destroy them. Then I will make you into a great nation.”


============

News traveled to me quickly that the Resident Advisor was going to be gone over the weekend. “Really” I said in a planning fashion. It seemed like people were just asking me to do something. I hopped in my old jalopy, picked up some “friends” and we proceeded to the liquor store. My roommate and I counted twenty one phone calls were made to our room in a ten minute span.

  • When no one is watching it seems so easy to sin.
  • When authority is missing it seems so easy to go down the wrong path.
  • When people aren’t looking it seems like sin won’t really hurt.


Sin seems like so much fun at the time. With frolicking and laughter, sin penetrates my heart and inserts a tiny bit of yeast which grows into a stony tree. Fortunately GOD did something about this.

  • GOD saw how rotten my heart can be so HE died for me.
  • GOD saw all of my sins and HE created me anyway to die for me.
  • GOD saw my shortcomings and HE saw something worth rescuing so HE died for me.


JESUS knows there is no one who is righteous but HIM.  I can pretend I am not a sinner but when I do GOD is not in me. HE wants me to admit the many flaws I have in hopes that others will do the same and accept HIS gift of salvation.

  • Are you aware GOD is watching you?
  • Are you busy pointing at someone else rather than admitting the sin you commit?
  • Can you be honest with GOD and allow HIM to work out your situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment