Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Is GOD watching?

Exodus 32: 7 The Lord spoke to Moses. He said, “Go down. Your people you brought up out of Egypt have become very sinful.8 They have quickly turned away from what I commanded them. They have made themselves a statue of a god that looks like a calf. They have bowed down and sacrificed to it. And they have said, ‘Israel, here is your god who brought you up out of Egypt.’

9 “I have seen those people,” the Lord said to Moses. “They are stubborn. 10 Now leave me alone. My anger will burn against them. I will destroy them. Then I will make you into a great nation.”


============

News traveled to me quickly that the Resident Advisor was going to be gone over the weekend. “Really” I said in a planning fashion. It seemed like people were just asking me to do something. I hopped in my old jalopy, picked up some “friends” and we proceeded to the liquor store. My roommate and I counted twenty one phone calls were made to our room in a ten minute span.

  • When no one is watching it seems so easy to sin.
  • When authority is missing it seems so easy to go down the wrong path.
  • When people aren’t looking it seems like sin won’t really hurt.


Sin seems like so much fun at the time. With frolicking and laughter, sin penetrates my heart and inserts a tiny bit of yeast which grows into a stony tree. Fortunately GOD did something about this.

  • GOD saw how rotten my heart can be so HE died for me.
  • GOD saw all of my sins and HE created me anyway to die for me.
  • GOD saw my shortcomings and HE saw something worth rescuing so HE died for me.


JESUS knows there is no one who is righteous but HIM.  I can pretend I am not a sinner but when I do GOD is not in me. HE wants me to admit the many flaws I have in hopes that others will do the same and accept HIS gift of salvation.

  • Are you aware GOD is watching you?
  • Are you busy pointing at someone else rather than admitting the sin you commit?
  • Can you be honest with GOD and allow HIM to work out your situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment