Monday, June 17, 2013

Are you getting enough rest?


Exodus 31: 16 “‘The people of Israel must keep the Sabbath. They must celebrate it for all time to come. It will be a covenant that lasts forever. 17 It will be the sign of the covenant I have made between me and the people of Israel forever.

“‘I made the heavens and the earth in six days. But on the seventh day I did not work. I rested.’”

============

My “to do” list has grown substantially and I notice that I find myself working seven days a week. Technology makes it very easy to stay busy because people seem to have access to me twenty four hours a day. I say to myself, “It’s only one e-mail”, then I find ninety minutes have passed. Should I rest?

  • Sometimes I think I should answer the phone all the time.
  • Sometimes I think I need to take care of business so it doesn’t pile up.
  • Sometimes I think the world will shatter if I don’t get these few things done.


I now see that a little turns into a lot quickly.  I do a “little” work and suddenly I am doing a lot. Meanwhile, rest eludes me. What should I do?

  • GOD says I need to take some time to rest on purpose.
  • GOD says I need to concentrate on HIM for a while.
  • GOD says I need rest because even HE took the time and HE never sleeps.


Working all the time is a product of low faith on my part. I need to trust that GOD is in control of that day and commune with HIM to hear how I should conduct myself during the upcoming week.

  • Are you working all the time?
  • Do you find yourself dragging and tired?
  • Can you take a day to worship GOD in rest?



No comments:

Post a Comment