Thursday, June 20, 2013

GOD’s love is strong!


Exodus 34:As he passed in front of Moses, he called out. He said, “I am the Lord, the Lord. I am a God who is tender and kind. I am gracious. I am slow to get angry. I am faithful and full of love. 

I continue to show my love to thousands of people. I forgive those who do evil. I forgive those who refuse to obey. And I forgive those who sin. But I do not let guilty people go without punishing them. I punish the children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren for the sin of their parents.”

============

“What a rotten year” I said to myself once. After getting dumped and numerous tickets and the dean saying you are no longer at this university and my boss saying it’s only a matter of time before we fire you, I had reached the last straw. I still did not turn to GOD but I was truly exhausted. Where should I go for help?

  • Sin seems like a good idea when I am in pain.
  • Throwing a pity party seems like a good idea when things are going wrong.
  • Spreading my misery seems like a good idea when I am down.


I probably secretly want everyone else miserable around me so I pout and complain. I share my misery openly but calculate sharing my relationship with GOD. Then I sin and feel miserable and do it again. Is there any relief?

  • GOD says “I am the LORD” which means HE is supreme.
  • GOD says “I am a GOD who is tender and kind” which means HE sees beyond my situation.
  • GOD says “I am gracious” which means HE understands my mess yet forgives me to the fullest.
  • GOD says “I am slow to get angry” which means HE knows I’m going to mess up again and again.
  • GOD says “I am faithful and full of love” which means HE is not out to get me like I sometimes fear.


GOD does quite the opposite of my thinking.  When I think I have arrived and act judgmental, HE is not pleased. When I realize how sinful I truly am acting HE reaches HIS arms out and gently leads me back to HIM. HE forgives me even when I refuse to obey HIM. HE loves me.

  • Are you going through difficult times?
  • Do you feel GOD has left you?
  • Can you realize GOD is very slow to anger and knows what you are going through?
  • Can you take a moment to praise HIM for HIS faithfulness towards you?
  • Can you say out loud “Thank you GOD for loving me”?


No comments:

Post a Comment