Friday, February 28, 2014

The battle is not mine


1 Samuel 17: 47 All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.”

============

When I’m nervous, scared or worried I can tell the battle is mine. I lay awake tossing and turning wondering if this thing will be alright or that person will be fine. I then compound the issue by thinking about it and lastly trying to fix it. BUT GOD understands.

  • GOD fights the battle, especially when I’m exhausted.
  • GOD fights the battle, especially when I feel like giving up.
  • GOD fights the battle, especially when I am not equipped.


GOD seems to love it when I depend on HIS power.  If I did everything with my own ability and knowledge then I would certainly take credit for GOD’s deliverance. GOD holds all the power and I must give HIM praise!

My courage comes only from the LORD.

  • Are you facing a giant that is adorned with weapons?
  • Do you remember the times GOD delivered you from other problems?
  • Can you take a moment to dwell on HIS deliverance?
  • Won’t you let HIM take out your giant and follow HIS ways


No comments:

Post a Comment