Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The unexpected


1 Samuel 16:Then Jesse called Abinadab and had him pass in front of Samuel. But Samuel said, “The Lord has not chosen this one either.” Jesse then had Shammah pass by, but Samuel said, “Nor has the Lord chosen this one.” 10 Jesse had seven of his sons pass before Samuel, but Samuel said to him, “The Lord has not chosen these.” 11 So he asked Jesse, “Are these all the sons you have?”

“There is still the youngest,” Jesse answered. “He is tending the sheep.”
Samuel said, “Send for him; we will not sit down until he arrives.”

12 So he sent for him and had him brought in. He was glowing with health and had a fine appearance and handsome features.

Then the Lord said, “Rise and anoint him; this is the one.”

============

Something seemed wrong about the resume, but this person interviewed extremely well. He dazzled my team with his spectacular stories and then he sat in front of me. I asked him piercing questions and he seemed to answer them well. He was well dressed and polished.

There was another person who wasn’t dressed so well but everyone liked him too. He had the qualifications and it simply came down to presentation. I chose the polished person thinking he would be able to present to hostile crowds. He ended up being a horrible hire that didn’t work out in only six months.

  • Sometimes I look at the outside of a person to make my decision.
  • Sometimes I look at the outer shell of a person hoping they will be able to perform.
  • Sometimes I look at the exterior of a person thinking they will be the same on the inside.


Looking at external features can get me in trouble. I place my confidence in the wrong thing and develop a plan that fails. BUT GOD looks at the heart.

  • GOD looks at my heart and places me in high places I don’t deserve.
  • GOD looks at my heart and knows when I am scared, yet HE chooses me to do battle.
  • GOD looks at my heart and delivers me from some very desperate situations.


It is GOD who chooses mankind to be where they are.  I shouldn’t pout when someone gets in office nor should I doubt that I can’t fulfill a role GOD has intended for me. GOD is the one who knows everyone’s heart and has a wonderful plan for each.

  • Do you doubt yourself and what GOD can do in your life?
  • Do you think GOD has forgotten about you?
  • Can you stop looking at your resources and talent and let GOD decide what HE wants to do for you?
  • Can you stop looking at other people and look at GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment