Thursday, March 13, 2014

GOD is watching


1 Samuel 26: 23 The Lord rewards everyone for their righteousness and faithfulness. The Lord delivered you into my hands today, but I would not lay a hand on the Lord’s anointed. 24 As surely as I valued your life today, so may the Lord value my life and deliver me from all trouble.”

============

When I finally received the letter with my title and new salary, I said to myself, “I can’t wait to fire a few people.” I knew just who I had in mind. These were the lazy and slothful, at least in my mind, but really they were those who had opposed me over the years.

I handed in my list of people who should be cut, only to find out much later that one was my boss’s boss great friend.

  • Sometimes I choose justice over grace.
  • Sometimes I choose vengeance over mercy.
  • Sometimes I choose “my way” versus “GOD’s way.”


It just feels good to get revenge or see someone fall who has been a jerk to many. BUT GOD wants me to have a different approach.

  • GOD wants me to show mercy and sometimes explain it.
  • GOD wants me to choose grace by praying for my enemies.
  • GOD wants me to value life over getting my way.


Yes, GOD has softened my heart over the years and I value souls more stuff. My push is now focused on the kingdom more and more. It’s not always there but the more I can focus on GOD the more HE rewards me.

  • Are you ready and hoping for vengeance?
  • Do you want justice to happen?
  • Are you waiting on a person to fail?
  • Can you change your heart and hope for the best for that person?
  • Won’t you pray for GOD to embrace them rather than taking them down?


No comments:

Post a Comment