Thursday, March 20, 2014

GOD’s Blessings

2 Samuel 2:1 In the course of time, David inquired of the Lord. “Shall I go up to one of the towns of Judah?” he asked.

The Lord said, “Go up.”
David asked, “Where shall I go?”

“To Hebron,” the Lord answered.

-------

Then the men of Judah came to Hebron, and there they anointed David king over the tribe of Judah.

============

“How do you know GOD is talking to you?” many people have asked me. I can’t quite describe it, but it usually starts with my troubles, doubts fears and even desires.

  • When I’m worried and see no way out GOD says to me “Have peace” and I calm down.
  • When I’m troubled and disturbed GOD says to me “Rest besides still waters” and I relax.
  • When I’m full of doubt and filled with fear GOD says to me “Have faith” and I let go of the unknown.


GOD speaks to me through reading and trying to understand HIM. Reading the Bible alone won’t do it. HE also speaks to me through people HE has put into my life. I’m not talking about some person who spontaneously appears rather HE places the right person at the right time, just when I need them.

GOD also speaks through circumstances HE places in my life. Whether they seem “bad” or “good,” GOD shows me HIS power and might on a daily basis.

  • I know it’s GOD when HE tells me to do something that requires total faith in HIM.
  • I know it’s GOD when HE tells me to do something that will grow HIS kingdom.
  • I know it’s GOD when HE tells me to do something that aligns with the Bible.
  • I know it’s GOD when HE tells me to do something that the HOLY SPIRIT inside me agrees with.


I could go on and on about the many “coincidences” that have happened in my life that only came from GOD. Examples like inadvertently turning down a street and seeing someone I was supposed to see or waking up while driving only to see I was safe or being catapulted to high ranks with an impoverished background, strengthen my faith in HIM all the more.

How do I know GOD is talking to me? I just do!

  • Can you hear GOD?
  • Is HE speaking to you today?
  • Is HE asking you to trust in HIM fully and drop your fears, doubts and worries?
  • Can you see HIM working in the middle of trials?
  • Won’t you pursue learning about HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment