Thursday, March 27, 2014

True Leadership

2 Samuel 15 David reigned over all Israel, doing what was just and right for all his people. 

============

Blame was the name of the game at this particular company. My boss and my boss’s boss played the game extremely well. I wasn’t so good at it but I wanted to get ahead.  With my tiny team of three I worked to get things done. 

One person on my team was quite obnoxious because he was very knowledgeable on the system. Our tiny team would go around in circles because of arguments and discussions brought up by this guy! I thought to myself… I can blame him for our slow delivery. That was a huge mistake!

  • I show poor leadership when I blame my people.
  • I show poor leadership when I don’t resolve issues quickly.
  • I show poor leadership when I am not sure of my direction.


This horrible experience taught me what a poor leader looks like.  After licking my wounds from the beating I received I had a lot of questions. What does a good leader look like? GOD had my answer.

  • GOD says in order to be great I must be the least amongst my people.
  • GOD says in order to confront people I must understand what love and compassion is.
  • GOD says in order to lead many I must follow HIM for HE holds the correct path in HIS hands.


I was so busy trying to be the title that I was not being a good leader. I didn’t know my team, I didn’t know their strengths nor their weaknesses. I focused on the end goal and would get there with a lot of wounds. BUT GOD wanted me to act different. GOD wanted me to treat people right, confront with compassion and reward them for their accomplishments.

He wanted me to accept my position as a leader by following HIM and being led by HIS plans.

  • Are you leading a group?
  • Do you have Blame on your lips?
  • Can you turn your blame into understanding of “that” person?
  • Won’t you bring GOD into your leadership style and serve your team rather than forcing them to do your bidding?


No comments:

Post a Comment