2 Kings 2: 9 So the king of Israel set out with the king of Judah and the king of Edom. After a roundabout march of seven days, the army had no more water for themselves or for the animals with them.
10 “What!” exclaimed the king of Israel. “Has the Lord called us three kings together only to deliver us into the hands of Moab?”
“I will go” were my words as I volunteered for a short term mission’s trip. I mustered up all the faith I had at the time, in order to do this. Once I got on the trip things started off smooth but I was assigned to ride with the guy who drove a camper. He couldn’t keep up with the caravan and eventually got lost. We couldn’t speak the language and did not have a GPS, map or a clue!
This was the beginning of the trip! We had many missteps. We were constantly late, once four hours. The last straw was when I set up the equipment, it didn’t work. “GOD, why have you brought me to this place only to fail?!”, I cried out.
- Sometimes I get to a place where things seem bleak and I cry out.
- Sometimes I step out on faith only to meet a greater challenge when I get there.
- Sometimes I take a chance and my risk is met with tougher circumstances.
Faith takes trust in GOD, but sometimes when I used up all of my faith, I run into a situation where I can’t see my way beyond the next circumstance. Looking back, I realize I may have given up a bit too soon on many difficult situations.
- GOD said “MY ways are not your ways.”
- GOD said “Trust in ME for I shall never leave you nor forsake you.”
- GOD said “Believe in the one who can not only kill the body but destroy the soul.”
GOD has delivered me through many bleak situations. HIS power and might seem to overturn even the gravest circumstance. HE easily plows through any problem. When I step out on faith, I should expect to come up against the enemy’s attack. I must add trust to my faith and watch GOD work HIS plan, which includes the tough situation.
- Are you facing a difficult situation?
- Do you feel like you have stepped out on faith only to face a larger situation?
- Can you add trust to your faith and watch GOD deliver you?
- Can you praise GOD for the future victory today?