Friday, May 2, 2014

I have talent


1 Kings 7: 13 King Solomon sent to Tyre and brought Huram, 14 whose mother was a widow from the tribe of Naphtali and whose father was from Tyre and a skilled craftsman in bronze. Huram was filled with wisdom, with understanding and with knowledge to do all kinds of bronze work. He came to King Solomon and did all the work assigned to him.

============

“You are good with math” is the one tiny statement that spring-boarded my career.  If it wasn’t for that statement, I never would have gone into the career I went into.  Looking back, I wasn’t really “good” with math, but somehow I was able to enter the world of technology. “Somehow.”

  • It is GOD who gives me talent.
  • It is GOD who gives me skills.
  • It is GOD who gives me purpose.


GOD gives each person a unique talent that only they can do. Sometimes it is wasted in the pursuit of money so the talents and skills blend in and look similar, thus competition begins.  GOD sees me as an individual and has granted me an exquisite assignment that only I can accomplish.

I am sent to be at the right place, at the right time to say the right words to the right person. Only I can do this, no one else. All of the situations and circumstances of my life are unique to me and only my words can penetrate the heart of the one person I was put here to communicate with.

God has given me a mission and I shouldn’t waste it.  I have a finite time to be on this earth. I should use some of it to further GOD’s kingdom with the talent HE has bestowed on me.

  • Where do you think your talents come from?
  • Do you feel you are “self-made?”
  • Can you give GOD credit for your skills?
  • If you feel you have no skills then can you ask GOD to show you what your special purpose is?
  • Won’t you stop trying to be special and realize your are special to GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment