Friday, May 16, 2014

GOD’s Elevator

1 Kings 16: Then the word of the Lord came to Jehu son of Hanani concerning Baasha: “I lifted you up from the dust and appointed you ruler over my people Israel, but you followed the ways of Jeroboam and caused my people Israel to sin and to arouse my anger by their sins. 

============

“You are one of the best” someone said to me. I said “Thank you” and moved on. Another person said “You are THE best we have.” I said “Thank you and by the way, have you noticed how other people are slacking off around here?” In fact the more I got complimented, the more I complained about my surroundings.

  • Sometimes I think “I” am talented.
  • Sometimes I think “I” am the one who is smart.
  • Sometimes I think “I” am needed and they are disposable.


It seems like the higher I go the blinder I become as to how I got there. Once I reach a certain height then I think “I” did it all and no one else helped me. BUT GOD wants me to understand where blessings truly come from.

  • GOD is the one who has raised me up and HE wants me to proclaim HIS name every step of the way.
  • GOD is the one who has raised me up and HE wants me to show appreciation by following HIS way.
  • GOD is the one who has raised me up and HE wants me to thank HIM instead of thanking myself.


Recognizing GOD is a must. HE protects me, leads me and loves me so why not proclaim HIS name? Proclaiming HIS name comes with a price. It means I can’t falsely thank HIM and secretly follow the world. I must give each god to GOD and let HIM do HIS way with them. If HE chooses to tear them from my hands I must thank HIM instead of cursing HIM.

  • Have you recognized where GOD has brought you?
  • Do you think you got where you are by yourself?
  • Can you tell others about GOD and how HE has blessed you?
  • Can you take your blinders off for a moment and drop the complaints from your lips?


No comments:

Post a Comment