Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Hiding my faith


1 Kings 18: 21 Elijah went before the people and said, “How long will you waver between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow him; but if Baal is God, follow him.”

But the people said nothing.

============

Nervous and quite embarrassed, I asked for a coke in a drink glass. Everyone was drinking and laughing and drinking some more. Someone approached me and asked “What will you have?” I didn’t have an answer for him. About a week prior, I had taken a vow that I would never drink again. I did this as part of my journey back to the LORD and I wanted to take HIM seriously by taking a vow. That was the only reason and I didn’t want to say this to the guy.

“I don’t drink” I said to him. “Why?” he replied. “Should I tell him about my vow?” I frantically thought. I panicked and said nothing about GOD. “I just don’t drink.” I wonder if I missed an opportunity.

  • There are times that I felt I could have shared my faith and didn’t.
  • There are times that I felt like hiding my faith in order to “get ahead” in business.
  • There are times that I felt like going with the crowd instead of showing my faith because I didn’t want to be looked at as being weird.


When I looked out the window of life and saw a bunch of people playing in the street of sin, I felt left out.  I mean they seemed to e having so much fun, meanwhile I’m over hear struggling not to do those things AND I’m struggling to make it. It didn’t seem “fair.”

  • GOD said “Don’t hide your light under a bushel” meaning let people know “whose” I am.
  • GOD said “If you are ashamed of me I will ashamed of you.”
  • GOD said “Be ready to speak about ME and I will give you the words.”


I sometimes forget that I am GOD’s creation. HE created me with a purpose to spread the great news about HIS SON. It seems like such a simple task but the world doesn’t want to hear my message and wants me to “say nothing” or join in on the “do anything that feels good” message.

I do know it’s confusing to talk about grace verses working my way into heaven, BUT GOD want me to be prepared to speak about HIM at a moment’s notice. HE will give me the right words to douse the confusion and make HIM known. HE doesn’t want me to “hide” my faith in order to get ahead.

  • Are you hiding your faith?
  • Do you feel ashamed to say “JESUS” out loud?
  • Do you act different around one crowd?
  • Can you drop your shame of GOD?
  • Can you start by showing your faith in a small way and build on it daily for GOD’s purpose?


No comments:

Post a Comment