Thursday, May 8, 2014

Recognizing Where Talent Comes From


1 Kings 10:When the queen of Sheba saw all the wisdom of Solomon and the palace he had built, the food on his table, the seating of his officials, the attending servants in their robes, his cupbearers, and the burnt offerings he made at the temple of the Lord, she was overwhelmed.

She said to the king, “The report I heard in my own country about your achievements and your wisdom is true. But I did not believe these things until I came and saw with my own eyes. Indeed, not even half was told me; in wisdom and wealth you have far exceeded the report I heard. How happy your people must be! How happy your officials, who continually stand before you and hear your wisdom! 

Praise be to the Lord your God, who has delighted in you and placed you on the throne of Israel. Because of the Lord’s eternal love for Israel, he has made you king to maintain justice and righteousness.”

============

As the fancy cars pulled up, I marveled over the list of names who paraded in the caravan.  The CEO and top officers met with Wall Street and the media was there in full. I sat there with my eyes opened wide as their smooth answers flowed from their lips. Someone mentioned, “Millions of dollars are sitting on that stage right now.”

I then got intimidated.  How was I going to ever reach that?  My career seemed hopeless so I went back to my cubicle and pouted.

  • When I think I am responsible for reaching the top, I can get intimidated.
  • When I set my goal on being at the top with my own skills, I can get intimidated.
  • When I look at others with envy, I can get intimidated.


Sometimes I see the rich and famous and wonder, “How did this person get where they are?” “I mean they can’t think their way out of a wet paper bag” is usually my envious insult. “And besides, they aren’t even using the money to glorify GOD” is my added judgment. BUT GOD wants me to act different.

  • GOD wants me to praise HIM for someone else’s talent.
  • GOD wants me to be excited to see how HE raises people up to places only HE can reach.
  • GOD wants me to recognize the talent HE has given me and be excited about where HE has me.


“Get rid of the envy and strap on the excitement” is what GOD says to me. Being excited about life rids me of complaints and generates enthusiasm, encouragement and euphoria!

  • Are you complaining?
  • Do you have a negative view on life?
  • Can you praise GOD for someone else’s talent?
  • Do you recognize the talent HE has given you?
  • Can you accept where GOD has you?


No comments:

Post a Comment